THE CHRISTMAS TAG!!

00:00 Jazz Blackwell 0 Comments

If things have gone well and I've actually managed to queue a post successfully for once, this should be going up on Christmas Day. As is the way with me and tags, nobody actually tagged me or asked me to do it. However, as I've not managed to get too many Christmas posts done I thought it was high time that I got some festive blogging in, right at the last minute - just my style, really. I'm not entirely sure who originated this tag, but I found it over at Make Up Savvy. She did the tag November of 2014 and did a fantastic job of it. If you do know who created it, please do let me know in the comments and I'll credit them fully :) 

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?

I actually made a post last year which listed my Top 5 Christmas films, which you can read here. The list is more or less still the same this year, and each one is pretty much equal in terms of how much I like it. However; if you were to really really force me to pick a favourite, it'd definitely be a toss-up between Frank Capra's classic 'It's a Wonderful Life', and the true cinematic artistry that is 'The Muppet Christmas Carol.'

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?



In my family it's always, always been Christmas day. Once in my life, my brother and I were allowed to open one present each on Christmas Eve. This is partly because Christmas Eve is my mum's birthday, so we generally spend the day celebrating that. It's also partly because we're a somewhat traditional bunch in my family; Christmas day is the day we all get together and exchange gifts. There's never been any inclination to swap gifts the day before.


3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?



As a whole, Christmas of 2010 was a pretty good one. One thing in particular that stands out to me about that year is my now eight-year-old cousin attempting to put various adults on the 'naughty step', after feeling that her own being put there was grossly unjust. The same year, my now thirteen-year-old cousin was gifted a rather elaborate Lego play set, which the entire adult population of the house that day struggled to build - to no avail.

4. Favourite festive food?



Unpopular opinion: I bloody love sprouts. I'm also a huge fan of parsnips. These are both generally considered to be 'Christmas dinner' foods, I know. However, both are pretty commonplace at regular old Sunday lunch in my family, so I don't really consider them 'festive' per se. With that in mid, I'd have to say that my favourite Christmas food is Quality Street - specifically the ever-coveted Toffee Penny. 

5. Favourite Christmas gift?


This was a difficult one to put my finger on; I've got the most fantastic, generous family and friends and over the years I've been gifted some truly wonderful things over the years. There were several I could have picked for this question; however, one particular stand out is the gift I got from my dad in 2011; if you knew me throughout childhood or early-teenagehood, you'll know I was unabashedly obsessed with Spongebob Squarepants. You can imagine my excitement, then, when my dad turned up at my mum's house that Christmas with this Spongebob guitar.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?

I assume that this is the place where I'm expected to gush over one Yankee candle or Lush product or another; however, my favourite is much more general. To me, anything that smells of apple and cinnamon is the absolute essence of what Christmas is.


7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?



As I've said already, Christmas Eve is my mum's birthday. Generally, we go out for dinner. However, this year is shaping up to be a little bit different; since we moved in July, there's nowhere that we can go for dinner within walking distance of our house, and driving would mean that my mum couldn't have a drink. Instead, we're going for coffee at a tea room not too far away at lunch time.

8. What tops your tree?

Our tree is far too tall for my short ass to get a decent picture of it, but for years now we've had the same white, glittery star atop our fir. However, as a child, I remember a rather pug-faced, pink-skinned fair in an awful sparkly frock making her perch there. I think we've Made a good swap! 


9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?



I don't really remember ever asking for anything 'crazy', 'wild' or 'extravagant', but I have very clear childhood memories of asking Santa for some kind of small furry pet every single year; something I was never given. I was, however, given several soft toys and one horrifying animatronic cat in lieu of the real thing, and my young self was completely satisfied with that. 

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?



This is where I show my sappy side. Simply put, I love how Christmas and the build up to it brings out the best in people. In my experience, over the Christmas period people are more cheerful, more generous and kinder to each other in general. In short, I love the unity that comes about with the Christmas period. 

Happy reading & Merry Christmas, 
Jazz xo 
1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
Ah, there's SO many, I love National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Elf, The Santa Clause etc. but one that I watch every year, without fail is The Snowman on Christmas eve. I absolutely adored the Snowman and The Snow dog. My dad bought me the little plushie last year, so cute.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Always on Christmas morning (usually whilst scoffing Christmas chocolate) We usually get new Christmas Pyjamas on Christmas Eve, but we save the present opening for Christmas day morning.
3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
My parents always used to go all out at Christmas. We'd come downstairs to presents, balloons, reindeer prints made out of glitter, red and white tape for the north pole, it was so magical as kids! 
4. favourite festive food?
Aside from chocolate...Roast potatoes during Christmas dinner, so many roast potatoes.

5. Favourite Christmas gift ?
I can't remember how old I was, but it was the year of the Furby. I'm sure there were small riots amongst the shelves in Toys R us. My parents pretended they couldn't get me one but then it was hidden behind the sofa! (anyone else hide theirs in the wardrobe at night, they were so creepy!)

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Christmas dinner cooking, mmm or the smell of the Christmas tree! 
7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Just that it's family time, we'll usually all have wine, the fire on, lots of yummy food and sit down in our new pyjamas to watch Christmas films.

8. What tops your tree?
For years and years it was a little gold vintage angel, my dad always lifted me up to put it on the tree, when I was a kid... at the very end of decorating everything. She was always kind of wonky and worn looking, but it was tradition. These days it's a big gold glittery star.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
Not in an ungrateful way. I mean, I used to circle half of the Argos catalogue!But every year I would ask for a dog, without fail. One year my parents brought it a huge box, with holes in and something was moving. I was certain it was a puppy...it was a rabbit ha ha Still one of the best pets I've ever had though. Then last year, I finally bought myself my own Christmas puppy :) Oscar on the 21sr of December. He was certainly worth the wait.

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Spending time with my loves ones, friends and family, after eating Christmas dinner, watching Only fools and Horses episodes that we've seen ten times already. Watching the snow fall and generally having a lovely time. 
- See more at: http://milkbubbletea.blogspot.co.uk/#sthash.eOak9PKB.dpuf

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
Ah, there's SO many, I love National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Elf, The Santa Clause etc. but one that I watch every year, without fail is The Snowman on Christmas eve. I absolutely adored the Snowman and The Snow dog. My dad bought me the little plushie last year, so cute.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Always on Christmas morning (usually whilst scoffing Christmas chocolate) We usually get new Christmas Pyjamas on Christmas Eve, but we save the present opening for Christmas day morning.
3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
My parents always used to go all out at Christmas. We'd come downstairs to presents, balloons, reindeer prints made out of glitter, red and white tape for the north pole, it was so magical as kids! 
4. favourite festive food?
Aside from chocolate...Roast potatoes during Christmas dinner, so many roast potatoes.

5. Favourite Christmas gift ?
I can't remember how old I was, but it was the year of the Furby. I'm sure there were small riots amongst the shelves in Toys R us. My parents pretended they couldn't get me one but then it was hidden behind the sofa! (anyone else hide theirs in the wardrobe at night, they were so creepy!)

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Christmas dinner cooking, mmm or the smell of the Christmas tree! 
7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Just that it's family time, we'll usually all have wine, the fire on, lots of yummy food and sit down in our new pyjamas to watch Christmas films.

8. What tops your tree?
For years and years it was a little gold vintage angel, my dad always lifted me up to put it on the tree, when I was a kid... at the very end of decorating everything. She was always kind of wonky and worn looking, but it was tradition. These days it's a big gold glittery star.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
Not in an ungrateful way. I mean, I used to circle half of the Argos catalogue!But every year I would ask for a dog, without fail. One year my parents brought it a huge box, with holes in and something was moving. I was certain it was a puppy...it was a rabbit ha ha Still one of the best pets I've ever had though. Then last year, I finally bought myself my own Christmas puppy :) Oscar on the 21sr of December. He was certainly worth the wait.

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Spending time with my loves ones, friends and family, after eating Christmas dinner, watching Only fools and Horses episodes that we've seen ten times already. Watching the snow fall and generally having a lovely time. 
- See more at: http://milkbubbletea.blogspot.co.uk/#sthash.eOak9PKB.dpu

You Might Also Like

0 comments: