COFFEE TALK #14 - ONE SEMESTER DOWN, THREE AND A HALF YEARS TO GO

03:36 Jazz Blackwell 0 Comments


As 2016 draws to a close, so does my first semester at Uni. As of writing this blog post, I submitted my final piece of coursework for the term three hours ago, and am due to be heading back to my home town... home village... whatever... in just shy of a week. You know how they say that time flies when you're having fun? Well apparently, the same applies for when you're stressed to the eyeballs. 

Kind of a lot has happened since I made my last life update-y post. I'll do the most exciting bit first, because I'm like that and I never can save the best til last. About a week ago I actually got to see my favourite band, The Levellers, live for the first time over at Barrowland Ballroom here in Glasgow. An amazing experience, one I've waited years for, made all the better by the fact that I went with my best friend, Carla. I won't subject you all to the torture of the videos, and consequently hearing me sing because that's a torture that few actually deserve. Instead, I'll simply share with you the only two pictures that I got of decent quality; 


Gaz Brookfield - the support act - is every bit as cracking as The
Levellers, except he can't drink cider any more. 
If you'd like to see more, you can check out my Instagram page, where I posted the less-than-par pictures, as well as the videos that I took at the gig. 

Another fun - though admittedly more blurry - experience was actually hitting up my first proper nightclub since rocking up here in the wonderful land of Glaswegia. My beautiful friend Lara finally became a legal adult at the beginning of the month, and what better way to celebrate your homegirl hitting the big one-eight than a good old fashioned piss up? Might I recommend that, if you're ever in Glasgow, and especially if you're a member of the LGBT community, you hit up Polo Lounge in the merchant city. Drink and entry aren't expensive, and the music is fantastic. 

Candid shot of us millenials doing what we do best

Let's play a game called: Spot the ex Emo Kid.
P.S: Don't worry about my arm, it's just eczema. 
All in all, my first semester at university has been fun, if a little stressful. The work is surprisingly less horrifying than I expected it would be (though maybe that's cause I'm one of the lucky sods who had no exams this semester) and I've made some of the best friends I've ever had. Though I obviously miss some things about home, I'm really enjoying the independence of living away, and I honestly have no regrets about moving here. 

Happy reading & merry Christmas, 
Jazz xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments: