IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LOVE, PLAY ON - *TAG* SOUNDTRACK TO MY LIFE

22:41 Jazz Blackwell 0 Comments

Picture found on Google Images
I feel I should start this post with an apology - there's no Top Ten on Tuesday this week. I seriously wish I could give you some kind of fantastical and dynamic explanation of why, preferably involving dragons and evil warlocks and Jason Momoa and I driving off into the sunset in a black Mustang. Alas, that - for now - remains simply a dream. The real reason? TToT takes a bit of prep work, best done a couple of days in advance, and I just haven't had the time to sit down and do it. Now that mock exams are over, we're well and truly back into coursework mode and I'm sure any of you who also know the horror that is AQA LITB3 will completely understand that is takes up a good portion of my time. Nevertheless, I wanted to have a post up for you guys and I stumbled across this tag somewhere in the depths of blogosphere and thought I'd let you into the bizarre and scattered world that is my music taste. It's not literary related and again, I offer my sincerest apologies for that. I promise we'll be back to regularly scheduled programming next week. 

1. What song do you listen to when you're happy? 
Days Go By - Keith Urban. 
Literally the most upbeat song in existence. I don't even care if you like country music. Listen to it. If you don't love it, you're a liar and fraud. 

2. What song do you listen to when you're sad? 
Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones 
This song is a roller-coaster of emotional turmoil. It will break your heart.

3. What song do you dance around the house to? 
I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance. 
I'm forever 13 year old, MCR obsessed emo trash at heart, and I'm not at all afraid to admit to it. 

4. Song you play on your headphones when out and about? 
Fifteen Years - Levellers
This is probably my currently most played song. Levellers aren't as famous as they once were, but I implore you to check 'em out if you're into the whole folk-punk thing. Excellent song by an excellent band. 

5. Song you listen to when you're angry? 
Wrong Side of Heaven - Five Finger Death Punch
A very, very good song to scream into your pillow and angry cry along to. 

6. Song you'd have at your funeral? 
That's Life - Frank Sinatra or Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Do either need an explanation? 

7. Song that makes you lose your shit at a party? 
Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia
Perhaps an odd choice, considering the rest of the songs in this tag but hear me out. This is a song with memories of only good times attached to it. Plus, y'know. It's just a bloody good song. 

8. The last song you listened to? 
Mr Jones - Counting Crows. 
Again, give it a listen if you haven't already. Bloody good one. 

9. Your karaoke song? 
The Final Countdown - Europe or Build Me Up, Buttercup - The Foundations
So, as a general rule, I don't sing karaoke. Mostly because my singing is a torture nobody ever deserves to be subjected to. But when the music teacher used to bring Singstar in for the last lesson of each term, these were my go-to songs. 

10. Song with the most memories attached? 
Jesse Hold On - B*Witched
Why, oh why, does nobody talk about this song any more? This was literally my shit for like 90% of my childhood. First single CD I ever had. First dance routine I ever made up. Forced my parents to play it over and over again. Oh, the nostalgia. You could say the memories go on and on and on...

11. Song that makes you cry?
Another Man's Cause - Levellers 
Okay, so I can't actually think of a song that makes me cry now, but I used to bawl my eyes out at this one when I was a kid and my dad would play it in the car. 

12. Song  you hate the most? 
I can't actually think of a song that I hate. Hello Kitty - Avril Lavigne is probably the song that grates on me the most so I guess that one? 

13. Your favourite song of all time? 
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
And no. Not because of Back to The Future. This song just so hardcore makes me think of my dad, and I've grown up listening to it. It will always hold a special place in my heart. 

So there you have it. The soundtrack to my life. Why don't you go ahead and do it. If you do, make sure to leave me a comment so I can check it out. 

Happy reading, 
Jazz xo 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: