The Book Life Tag

23:57 Jazz Blackwell 1 Comments

So I am absolutely, 100% totally cheating here, in the sense that not a soul has tagged me to do this. But it true Jaggeresque, stick-it-to-the-man style, I decided screw it, I'm doing it anyway. What can I say. I'm a renegade.

Who would your parents be?

I'm gonna go a touch daring here, and select two characters from two different books. My fictional "Dad-goals", so to speak, is Atticus Finch. I know, I know. How very dull and cliché of me. But really, is there anybody out there who doesn't love Atticus? He's warm, he's kind, he's wise and he's caring. Not to mention how incredibly down to earth and honest he is with his kids. I'm firmly of the belief that anybody who says they don't want Atticus to be their old man is naught but a filthy liar.

As for the mother, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go terribly boring and unoriginal again and say The Railway Children's Mrs Waterbury. Oh, I know she's been criticised on having 'too good to be true' saintliness but I like that about her. Aside from the obvious deception of her children as to where their dad has gone, she's very good, and incredibly motherly to boot. Plus she has that incredible ability to hold her family together in the most dire of situations.

Who would be your sister?

Dora and Nora Chance from Angela Carter's Wise Children. Perhaps because I've just finished this book, and it is fresh in my mind, but I am in love with these characters - Dora especially. Her narration had me in stitches and I love the almost farcical events of their lives.

Who would be your brother?

Had to ponder long and hard over this one, I can tell you. But in the end, I decided upon Stephen Deen from Maureen Johnson's Shades of London series. If not only to console the poor dear over the hole in his life caused by a deceased relative, for the fact that since he was introduced in the first book I've had a real soft spot for him. He's completely selfless (granted he can be reckless in his selflessness), astonishingly brave, cares deeply about those close to him and is insanely intelligent. And come on. The dude sees dead people. Pretty badass, if you're asking me.

Who would be your pet? 

God, this post is just turning into cliché central.

I am, again, going completely unoriginal and saying the black cat from Neil Gaiman's Coraline. No long winded answer for this one. The animal is just completely bad-ass. And I don't even like cats.

Where would you live?

The Shire. Again, no real reason except I think it would be pretty cool having a Baggins as your next door neighbour.

Where would you go to school?

Hogwarts. Ravenclaw. 'Nuff said.

Who would be your best friend?

Another tough one. I'm gonna say the eponymous character in Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series, much for the same reasons I'd like Stephen as my brother, with the added fact that Odd and I share a sense of ironic humour. Also, it'd be pretty awesome to hang out with Elvis and Sinatra. And, y'know. Pancakes.

Who would be your significant other?

Dally Winston. No question about it. I fell in love with him the first time I read The Outsiders and my heart has belonged to him ever since, and is shattered into a million pieces every time I read the damn book.


I don't really have anyone to tag just yet, but if you've read this and want to do the tag, feel free to say that I tagged you!


Keep reading,
Jazz x

(P.S. sorry the formatting on this post is a little wonky, my computer does strange things at midnight.)

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I can agree with Atticus Finch , he is dad goals.
    Lovely blog you have :)

    ReplyDelete