Greetings, fellow internet users.

20:49 Jazz Blackwell 0 Comments

Ah, the internet.

As much as I hate to sound like my beloved yet somewhat doddering grandfather, it both fascinates and unnerves me how in this day and age, with only a few keystrokes and a cheeky click of that left mouse button, any madman (or madwoman, as it were) can espouse their opinion - no matter how bizarre - to a group of complete strangers and not be sectioned for it. In fact, the chances are that said mad-person is going to find a group of like-minded mad-people who not only share that bizarre opinion, but positively revel in it.

It is with deep regret that I inform you that you have stumbled (quite by accident, I'm sure) upon the ramblings of one such madwoman.

Hi there. My name's Jazz and this is my blog. I'm an eighteen year old sixth form student from a small town in West Cumbria, shortly outside of the lovely Lake District. I'm studying English Language, English Literature and Psychology, with hopes of going on to do English & Journalism at university in September 2016 (wish me luck!).

For as long as I can remember, I've had a love affair with books. From the days when my parents would chat through The Very Hungry Caterpillar at bedtime, to the first time my five-year-old self completed the epic that is Captain Underpants (rescued rather heroically from the bottom of my brother's smelly school bag) all by herself, to the day not two weeks ago when I cried for the thousandth time over the passing of my beloved Dally Winston, it's rare I'm found without a book of some sort in my hands.

My other passion in life - surprising, maybe, to those who know me - is clothes. Now, I'm the first to admit I'm not the girl who nabs the hot-off-the-runway styles. Hell, I'm more familiar with Ralph Wiggum than Ralph Lauren and couldn't tell you the difference between Levi Strauss and Levi Roots. No, my fashion sense is a little more... cheapskate friendly. I'm a connoisseur of sales-rack-style and charity-shop-chic. When I was a kid, my parents - especially my mother - were very old school rock 'n' roll. I grew up with icons like Keith Richards and  Robert Plant. Do you really blame me for digging the whole 'I've just crawled out of a rock 'n' roll rubbish tip and I'm here to stick it to the man' vibe?

For a while I've wondered if there was a way to combine my two passions. For some reason, a burning passion for Oscar Wilde and a desire to dress like Mick Jagger rarely seem to intersect. And then the teenage years arrived and with them - as with most people's - came an addiction to the internet. And that's when I realised; there is a place where people read like there's no tomorrow whilst also dressing like they sleep in a dustbin. There are actually people out there on my level of relative sanity.

And that's why I created this blog. To reach out to other thrifty readers who don't care that Steven Tyler is pushing 70, he's still one of the most badass dressers planet earth has ever seen. You are my people, and with you, I am home.

Happy reading,
Jazz x

You Might Also Like

0 comments: